Become a COCA Awareness Ambassador
The overarching mission of the COCA Awareness Ambassadors program is to educate the wider community about the symptoms and risk factors of ovarian cancer. In addition, the Ambassador program provides a platform for cancer survivors and those who love them to share stories that can save lives.
Here’s why it matters:
- There is no test for ovarian cancer and nearly 70% of women think a Pap Smear screens for ovarian cancer. Education is needed!
- Women diagnosed with Stage I ovarian cancer have a 90% chance of surviving for more than 5 years. Women diagnosed at Stage IV have a 17% chance of surviving 5 years. Early detection makes all the difference!
You can change these numbers!
Become a COCA Awareness Ambassador.
COCA Awareness Ambassadors reach out to their immediate community with the goal of raising awareness of ovarian cancer symptoms and risk factors in many ways:
- Fulfill bi-monthly “Awareness Kit" Duties (mailed to Ambassadors by COCA with materials and instructions). These Awareness Kits will give you materials and guidance for reaching out into your community to raise awareness!
- Raise awareness on social media.
- Spread the word about ovarian cancer symptoms and risk factors through gatherings such as garden clubs, book clubs, women’s groups, etc.
- Encourage others to volunteer and become Awareness Ambassadors.
COCA will supply you with everything you need! Including training and support!
This program will launch in 2020 so stay tuned!