Ovarian Cancer and Employment Law
presented by Ariel DeFazio of Sweeney & Bechtold, LLC
DATE: Wednesday, February 20, 2019
TIME: 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm
650 S. Cherry Street, Conference Room 40 (Lower Level)
Denver, CO 80246
(Free visitor parking in the lot off of Exposition Ave)
An ovarian cancer diagnosis finds you as you are: someone with friends and family, hobbies, a social life, and, very likely, a job that you would like to keep .
Please join us for a presentation and conversation about the intersection between your diagnosis and employment law and how to navigate this sometimes precarious space.
Among other things, we will discuss:
- Should I disclose my diagnosis at work?
- Can I take time off for treatment and expect to have my job waiting for me?
- If I need to take unpaid leave, are there other available sources of income to help bridge the gap financially?
- Can I keep working during chemo?
- What if I have a recurrence and need additional treatment in the future?
- Are my friends and family protected if they need to take time off to care for me?